Benjamin Porter (1950- ) lives in Asheville, North Carolina. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina where he attended as a Morehead Scholar. Porter later took photography classes at the Apeiron Photography Workshop in Millerton, New York where he worked as an intern and later an artist-in-residence. Porter worked in New York City and as a studio photographer in Potosi, Bolivia. He was a photographer aboard the U.S. Merchant ships in the Pacific and Indian Oceans and has worked for an anthropologist in Mexico. Porter has traveled and photographed throughout Latin America. His work has been exhibited all over the United States, as well as in Bolivia, Mexico and France. He is the recipient of many scholarships and awards and participated in artist-in-residency programs in the state of New York.
Other works by: Benjamin Porter
- Norwood Park from Merrimon Avenue
- Members of the Asheville Fire Department
- Asheville, NC from Sunset Mountain
- South Side Pack Square
- Hendersonville, N.C.
- French Broad River District from Park Avenue
- Overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains from Above Round Knob, NC
- French Broad River District from West Asheville
- Vanderbilt Apartments
- Canton Mill Champion Corporation (South Side), Canton, N.C.
- Overlooking the Golf Links from Grove Park Inn
- Pack Square from Legal Building, St. Patrick’s Day Parade 1994
- McCormick Field, Asheville, N.C.