Groups of 10 to 20 students are invited to schedule a visit to one of the Museum’s special exhibitions in our Gallery On the Slope as well as selected pop-up exhibitions in the community. Our inquiry-based group visits, led by volunteer docents or Museum staff, challenge students to hone their observation skills.
Group visits are free, with a suggested donation of $25 to help support our education programs and initiatives.
To schedule a group visit, please contact our Education Department:
- Student groups: Email or 828.253.3227 x121
Please provide the following information when you contact us:
- Name of contact person
- Contact person’s telephone number and/or email
- Group name and address
- Two possible dates and times for the group visit
- Number of students, teachers, and chaperones in your group (minimum 10, maximum 20)
- Grade or age level(s)
- Special exhibition or pop-up exhibition that you wish to visit
Please let us know in advance of any special requirements your group may have. The Gallery On the Slope and our pop-up exhibition locations are fully accessible for visitors with special needs.