Appraisal Day: Trinket or Treasure?
APRIL 30 – Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Museum Atrium and Biltmore Gallery
Through April 24 | Museum Members: $10 per item | Non-members: $15 per item
April 25 – 29 | $20 per item
Ever want to know more about a treasured family heirloom? Perhaps you brought home something beautiful from a flea market or yard sale, but you are not sure if it is worth anything? As the Museum undergoes its own processes of discovery and evaluation during our Vault Visible inventory, we invite you to learn more about your own collection!
Space is limited; pre-registration is required. Pre-register now through Friday, April 29, 5:00 p.m. Limit three items per person. For more information, call 828.253.3227, ext. 122.
Presented in partnership with Brunk Auctions, in conjunction with Vault Visible: Behind the Scenes at the Asheville Art Museum.
- Limit three items per participant.
- Participants are responsible for all movement of their item(s).
- Appointment times are limited, and will be assigned and confirmed by Museum staff on or before April 25. Please indicate your preference for appointment time during checkout; Museum staff will do our best to accommodate your request.
- If you prefer that a value for your item(s) not be spoken publicly, please inform the guest expert.
- Entry into Appraisal Day is FREE; registration fees include Museum admission for the registered participant only.
By registering, you agree to the following terms and conditions for Appraisal Day:
- You are the owner or guardian of the item(s) described, and you are requesting an examination and informal oral opinion by a guest expert who is not employed by or a representative of the Asheville Art Museum.
- The guest experts will, to the best of their knowledge, describe the probable date, attribution, and value (when known) of the item(s) for your personal information only and not for use in connection with any past or contemplated commercial transaction with the Asheville Art Museum.
- You will hold harmless the guest expert, the Asheville Art Museum, its board and staff members, and release them from any and all liability and expenses in the event of any claim by any person based in any way upon the rendition of such opinion.
- The Asheville Art Museum, its staff members, and the guest experts are released from any and all responsibility for any loss or damage to the item(s), including while on the premises of the Asheville Art Museum.
Click the "View Cart" link to review your order and proceed to checkout:VIEW CART