The Museum allows photography, videography, and filming inside the building and on our grounds for personal, professional, and commercial use according to the guidelines below.
Museum staff or its representatives may be at work documenting Museum activities. Your presence implies your consent to the Museum’s use of your name and/or likeness in educational and promotional materials.
Personal Visitor Photography (non-commercial use)
- Still photography of the Museum’s building, grounds, and artworks on view—taken with a handheld camera or mobile phone—is permitted and encouraged for personal, noncommercial use, unless otherwise specifically indicated.
- Photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
- Flash photography, tripods, selfie sticks, and video cameras are not allowed. Bulky items, tripods, selfie sticks, and/or other equipment must be left at the Welcome Desk.
- Portrait, bridal, or other personal-event photography is not allowed without written permission (see below).
- Photography of Museum staff or visitors is not permitted.
Professional or Commercial Photography, Videography, and Filming (defined as any use outside of personal)
- Photography of a non-personal nature (e.g. advertisements) or portrait, bridal, or other personal-event photography are not allowed without written permission of the Museum.
- Please complete our request for professional or commercial photography form at least one month in advance of your desired visit. Professional or commercial photography will be approved on a case-by-case basis and may incur fees for use of facilities and staff time.
The Museum reserves the right to deny permission to photograph on its premises. Unauthorized reproduction is an infringement of United States copyright law.
Media should complete our request for image use form or contact the Communications Manager at 828.253.3227 x116.