Artful Trivia: Across the Atlantic – VIRTUAL
This virtual program takes place via Zoom. Space is limited; to register, click here.
Do you love pub-quiz nights as much as we do? Then join us for this fun program! Test your knowledge of French and American art, craft, and design from the 19th and 20th centuries in honor of our special exhibition Across the Atlantic. Between rounds, Associate Curator Whitney Richardson shares her favorite works from Across the Atlantic; sommeliers Tom Leiner and Brett Watson from Metro Wines pair wines with paintings in the exhibition; and artist Ben Hamburger demonstrates Impressionist painting techniques. Recruit your favorite trivia partner, brush up on your fin-de-siècle art knowledge, and get ready to delight your senses of sight and taste.
Three Ways to Play!
- Make it a friendly competition among those at home with you. Keep track of your answers; correct responses are revealed between rounds. Download your score sheet.
- Play for prizes against other participants logging into Zoom. Submit your answers in real time through polls that appear on your screen (download a score sheet to keep track of your answers at home as well!). The winner will be announced Friday, March 19 on our website and social media.
- Play for prizes against other participants in Perspective Café. Follow along on the small screen, and submit your answers via our score sheet at the end of the evening. The winner will be announced Friday, March 19 on our website and social media.
No matter which way to play you choose, remember to keep it clean: web searches and reference books not allowed!
- Metro Wines will have this evening’s featured wines and much more available for curbside pickup, delivery, and by appointment. (They’ve also got a case club, wine blog, and some fun events of their own, so head over to their website for all your beverage needs!)
- Get to know Ben Hamburger through his artist website. (Pssst… if you love Impressionism, check out his virtual Adult Studio workshop coming up on March 20!)
- Our friends at Perspective Café are ready to make your Third Thursday delicious either in-person or at home. Play in the café, or browse Perspective Café favorites, family-style specials, and to pre-order by Tuesday, March 16 for pickup. (Museum Members: Enter coupon code AAMMember at checkout to receive your 10% Member discount!)
Presented in conjunction with Across the Atlantic: American Impressionism Through the French Lens and Intersections in American Art. Generous funding for exhibition programming provided by Art Bridges.
Each third Thursday, the Museum and community partners offer fun events for adults to socialize through interactive art-related activities, delicious drinks, and tasty treats.
Generous support for this program is provided by Art Bridges.