Creating Home – VIRTUAL
Join Barbara Pressman, touring docent, for an interactive conversation about four artworks in our special exhibition Old World/New Soil: Foreign-Born American Artists from the Asheville Art Museum Collection. Before the discussion, find a quiet space. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and let it out slowly. Now open your eyes, and engage with the artworks in the image gallery; click on the thumbnail for a larger image, and spend about 15 minutes looking slowly at each.
- What’s going on in this artwork? What do you see that makes you say that?
- What mood or feeling has the artist created?
- What do you think the artist is trying to communicate? Why?
- Do you connect to the artist’s roots in this artwork, and/or their adapted home?
- How does the title affect your understanding of the artwork?
Slow Art Fridays
Monthly on second Fridays at 12pm, docents lead virtual, in-depth conversations about a few artworks in our Collection or special exhibitions. The goal is simple: slow down, discover the joy of looking at art, and talk about the experience with others. Topics, artworks, and self-guided questions are posted on the Museum's website in advance for participants, or for those wishing to have a self-guided experience on their own. For more information or to add your name to our Slow Art Fridays mailing list, click here or call 828.253.3227 x122.
- Asheville Art Museum