Led by the Museum’s Executive Director, Pam Myers, our Art Travelers explored London and its environs during eight days and seven nights of extraordinary art and cultural experiences, including:
- Visits to world-class museums such as the Wallace Collection, Tate Britain, the Royal Academy, Sir John Soane’s Museum, Whitechapel Gallery, Victoria & Albert, and Tate Modern
- Exclusive tours of private galleries such as Richard Greene Gallery, Hauser & Wirth, Mayor Gallery, Shine Artists London/Pontone Gallery, and Fine Artists Society
- Inside looks at the Cass Sculpture Foundation and Pallant House
- A dinner cruise along the River Thames
- Guided walking tours of London’s famous street art and of Brighton’s old town
- Studio visit to Turner Prize-winning artist Mark Wallinger
- High tea at the Savoy Hotel
- Private viewing of the crown jewels with the Head Curator of the Tower of London
In addition, Art Travelers experienced enjoyed great culinary experiences and much more.
The Museum offers a variety of art excursions domestically and abroad, as well as local and regional day and overnight trips designed to enhance Museum Members' and visitors' experiences with inspiring, contemporary art. Our Art Travels program is very popular, and trips often sell out quickly! If you would like to receive more information about upcoming trips as soon as available, email Kristi McMillan, director of learning & engagement, or call 828.253.3227 x122.
- Asheville Art Museum