Coloring & Cocktails – VIRTUAL
Spend your Thursday evening with the Museum and the Asheville Symphony for some creative fun! Associate Curator Cindy Buckner interviews artist Adonna Khare about using animals to tell fantastical tales in A Telling Instinct and her recently published coloring book. Following the interview, sit back, relax, and color selected pages from Khare’s book while listening to animal-themed music selected by the Symphony, introduced by Music Director Darko Butorac. Bartender Chad McRorie of the Grove Park Inn’s The Edison serves up creature-inspired cocktails, while Food Experience delights our taste buds with Perspective Café at home.
Space is limited; to register, email Kristen Boddy, membership & Museum events manager, or call 828.253.3227 x117. Coloring pages and Zoom login information emailed in advance to participants.
- Click on images in the gallery for animal-inspired cocktail recipes!
- Click here to browse Perspective Café favorites, family-style specials, and to pre-order by Wednesday, May 6. (Museum Members: Enter coupon code AAMMember at checkout to receive your 10% Member discount!)
- Interested in more Adonna Khare coloring pages? Check out her coloring book in the Museum Store.
- Head over to the Asheville Symphony’s Spotify page for more great music.
- Need gin or simple syrup for your cocktails, or hand sanitizer? Shop local with our friends at H&H Distillery/Cultivated Cocktails!
Presented in conjunction with A Telling Instinct: John James Audubon and Contemporary Art, in partnership with the Asheville Symphony and Perspective Café by Food Experience.
Each third Thursday, the Museum and community partners offer fun events for adults to socialize through interactive art-related activities, delicious drinks, and tasty treats. For more information or to add your name to our Third Thursday mailing list, click here to email us or call 828.253.3227 x121.